Perhaps the easiest way to gain an instant hit of Cape Gooseberry vitamins and fibre is to consume a lot of Cape Gooseberries at once. And the best way to do that is with pure Gooseberry juice – straight up! Not only is Cape Gooseberry …
A delicious twist on traditional lemon meringue pie, this Gooseberry meringue pie recipe was a winner at a recent Horti-Pride morning tea. It is tart and sweet and is a surefire crowd pleaser. Ingredients 500g Cape Gooseberries – juiced/puréed (see Method below for instructions) 250g plain …
A delicious, fruity muffin recipe with Cape Gooseberries that’s an absolute hit amongst the Horti-Pride team!
Ingredients – Makes 12 Muffins
- 200 grams Oats
- 150 grams Caster Sugar
- 250 grams Plain Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 400 ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 350 grams halved Cape Gooseberries – capes removed
- 100 grams Frozen Blueberries
- Icing Sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees Celcius.
- Grease and Prepare 12 Muffin Cases.
- Add oats, caster sugar, flour and baking powder to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add milk, eggs, oil and vanilla to a separate bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixed wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently until everything is moistened, taking care not to overmix.
- Add the fruit to the mixture and gently fold until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared Muffin Cases.
- Bake for 20-25mins.
- Serve Warm OR to serve cold, wait until completely cool and dust with icing sugar.
Cape Gooseberries, with their wonderful bitter-sweet acidity, make the perfect topping for this vanilla panna cotta, cutting through the rich dessert with a fresh hit of Gooseberry flavour! Ingredients For the Coulis: 300g Cape Gooseberries (Puréed – see Method) 100 g Cape Gooseberries for decoration) …