Helen’s Gourmet Cape Gooseberry Salad
A wonderful meal in itself, this gourmet salad is packed with indulgent treats like mango, avocado and greek fetta. Full of fibre, good fats, protein and – most importantly – flavour! Go ahead and indulge.
- 1/2 Cup de-caped fresh Horti-Pride Cape Gooseberries
- 1/2 Cup extra Horti-Pride Cape Gooseberries with Capes still on (for presentation and fun)
- 1-2 fresh figs, sliced into quarters
- 1 ripe Avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 ripe Mango, cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup Cherry (or Grape) Tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach leaves, washed
- 1 Carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 50-80 grams Greek Fetta, as desired
- 2Tbs good quality extra virgin Olive Oil
- Place spinach leaves, carrot and cucumber onto presentation plate or serving platter.
- Scatter the remaining ingredients over the top, taking care not to squash the avocado or fetta.
- Drizzle olive Oil as desired over the top.
- Serve immediately.