Green Smoothie with Cape Gooseberries
Have you ever tried a ‘Green Smoothie’? If not, you’re in for a treat. Although you might be baffled as to why anyone would want to “drink their greens”, especially by adding Kale or Spinach to a fruity drink, we’re confident you’ll love this refreshing, vitamin-packed drink. It offers a super boost of energy that beats any can of Red Bull or Guarana. Just a few reasons to give it a go:
- Helps you meet your daily ‘quota’ of fruit and veg
- Packed full of fibre
- High in Vitamin C and A
- Works in the gut to help raise B12 levels
- Good source of B vitamins – thanks to our berries!
- 1-2 Oranges, peeled and sliced into quarters
- 100grams of fresh Horti-Pride Cape Gooseberries
- 1/2 Cup of washed Spinach (or Kale)
- 10cm Celery, sliced into small pieces (optional)
- 1 Cup of Ice Cubes
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- Simply add all ingredients, including the ice, into a high-speed blender and puree on high until smooth. We recommend blending for at least 1 minute. Less powerful blenders may require 2 minutes.
- Frozen Cape Gooseberries can be used in this recipe, which will offer a slushy-style smoothie that is especially satisfying.