Gooseberry and Blueberry Muffins
A delicious, fruity muffin recipe with Cape Gooseberries that’s an absolute hit amongst the Horti-Pride team!
Ingredients – Makes 12 Muffins
- 200 grams Oats
- 150 grams Caster Sugar
- 250 grams Plain Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 400 ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 350 grams halved Cape Gooseberries – capes removed
- 100 grams Frozen Blueberries
- Icing Sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees Celcius.
- Grease and Prepare 12 Muffin Cases.
- Add oats, caster sugar, flour and baking powder to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add milk, eggs, oil and vanilla to a separate bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixed wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently until everything is moistened, taking care not to overmix.
- Add the fruit to the mixture and gently fold until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared Muffin Cases.
- Bake for 20-25mins.
- Serve Warm OR to serve cold, wait until completely cool and dust with icing sugar.