Cape Gooseberry Juice – Straight Up
Perhaps the easiest way to gain an instant hit of Cape Gooseberry vitamins and fibre is to consume a lot of Cape Gooseberries at once. And the best way to do that is with pure Gooseberry juice – straight up! Not only is Cape Gooseberry juice a nourishing, superfood-drink, it is also refreshing and delicious. We hope you’ll give it a try.
- 1x Punnet Horti-Pride Fresh Cape Gooseberries – Chilled
- 1-2 Cups Cold Water
- Ice (Optional)
- Sugar (Optional)
- Add approx. 1 punnet of chilled Horti-Pride fresh Cape Gooseberries to your blender.
- Add 1-2 cups of cold water, to cover the berries. Add more water for a thinner juice.
- (Optional) – Add a dash of sugar if you prefer your juice to be sweet.
- Blend. For a smooth juice, allow the fruit and water to blend for at least 1 minute.
- (Optional) – strain the juice. If you like your juice ‘pulpy’, then you don’t need to strain the liquid – you’ll get more health benefits if you don’t. If you prefer a thinner, less pulpy juice, then strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer.
- Serve over ice. Enjoy.
See How it’s Done
As described above, we find the quickest, easiest and most common way of “juicing” the Cape Gooseberries is by using a blender. To see how’s it’s done, watch the video below. (The video refers to Cape Gooseberries as Uchuva, as they are known in Columbia).